Sunday, September 4, 2011

Easiest trip in years!

Hello again, my friends!


This weekend was a smashing success, both healthwise and fun-wise for me. My poor hubby was still sick Friday and most of Saturday, but he's almost back to normal today.


We left a bit later than planned for Minnesota on Friday, but packing and driving went smoothly. In 4 1\2 hours, I only had to stop twice to pee, which is a TOTAL triumph for someone with Interstitial Cystitis. Meeting my Nephew, Harvey was beyond joyful, as was seeing my baby sister in action as a beautiful new mother. We had a great dinner (my portion cooked according to the IC diet) and plenty of time to coo at Harvey and catch up with Anne and Nick. Later, I received a surprise visit from my other sister, Zan, her hubby and their baby hedgehog, who is totally adorable. This surprise visit was beyond exciting because they weren't able to make the wedding and I didn't think I'd see them.

Saturday had to have been the most active and most busy day I've had in two years. We got up early and were treated to a homemade breakfast, then Anne and I left to shop at this amazing designer outlet shop. I honestly couldn't have handled shopping here 2 months ago. The store is gigantic. Just standing for that long and flipping through the racks would have been too much for me. Carrying the 10 items I wanted to try on, along with the boots I found and was closely guarding would have been out of the question. Then trying everything on and making round two through the rest of the store would have put the final nail in the coffin. But-I made it and I found some beautiful things, including a dress I wore to the wedding.


After that, we stopped to pick up a tub of bleach so Anne could highlight my hair and then style it for the wedding. 6 months ago, I wouldn't have been able to sit through all of that. After that was done, we packed up the car and headed to the hotel to get dressed for Anna and Chad's wedding. Getting ready went smoothly and I had a chance to stop by and hangout with two of my other nephews before we headed over to the ceremony. When it was time to leave, we ran into some relatives and ultimately decided to walk the 5 blocks to the ceremony rather than wait for the shuttle. This would have been impossible a year ago in even my most comfortable shoes, but I was wearing 4 inch (maybe even 5 in) stillettos. They were comfortable enough, but I have to take small steps in them to avoid falling so it took a little longer to walk there.

The ceremony was beautiful (as was the bride!), and dinner was fantastic. Though I wanted to sit for awhile when the dancing started, my 3 year old nephew kept pulling me onto the dance floor. While I was almost totally pain free the whole night, I got really tired around 10pm and we had to leave way earlier than planned. I attribute this to a few things 1) I had a full day, but the biggest factors are 2) I can't have coffee, which I relied heavily on until 3 months ago and 3) I wasn't drinking. Though I never drink much anymore (exception: Colorado), 2 drinks is enough to fuel me. Unfortunately, I just couldn't risk a flare of my health stuff and a rough Sunday because I drank.  However, aside from that accomodation, I didn't have to worry about pain or my various conditions even once throughout the day!


Anna, Chad, the hubby and me


Now, we're heading home and have about 1 1\2 hours to go. Can't wait to get home and have a lazy evening on the couch.

Here's to more carefree weekends!
-S

No comments:

Post a Comment