Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Back to nature

Happy Tuesday!

Today started off great.  I woke up early after about 6 solid hours of sleep (which is a TON of sleep for me these days), and put on yard work clothing to go outside and weed the yard along the roadside.  We live in a very wooded and weedy area, so this is no small task. In two hours, I pulled out everything that wasn't a hosta or day lily on the first ten feet of my lot, and I am quite proud of myself.  After raking up the spots that were left in bare dirt and taking the last wheelbarrow of refuse to the fire pit...which is sadly, also in need of serious weeding...I felt like I had accomplished a ton.  I've definitely learned that the trick is to look at the accomplishments and not what hasn't been completed. In this case--my new and beautiful strip of yard instead of the rest of the acre that I need to finish.

That's not to say that I'm not frustrated from time to time.  I manage the most of the basic household chores again, which I'm sure my husband appreciates. Of course, there's always more to be done. My bathrooms (a full bath, 3/4 bath and powder room) could use a huge scrub-down, the finished part of my basement needs a good dusting and vacuuming, and my main living area needs a complete move-the-furniture-and-clean-behind-everything treatment. Oh, and the laundry...that darn laundry. Sometimes I need to remind myself that one day at a time isn't enough of an outlook...I need to take things one hour at a time and celebrate what I have accomplished, then turn on the blinders to the rest.  My health still demands downtime and I'm not about to ignore it.

Guess I'll watch some TV
-S


No comments:

Post a Comment