Saturday, April 30, 2011

This is my "Life isn't fair" post

Hello,

I truly have come to believe that keeping a positive attitude is the only way to get through the type of health issues that I'm dealing with, but that does not mean that the "life isn't fair" moments don't happen.  Here's my kick-in-the-pants for the day.

As mentioned, today is the bachelorette party that I was really looking forward to attending.  The bachelorette is a girl that I played soccer with from elementary school until I moved in high school.  If you read my previous post on soccer, you'll know that this means that all of my soccer friends from back then will also be there.  I had already decided in my initial RSVP that I should skip the pre-dinner activity and the late-night barhopping so that I don't destroy myself for a week because I overdid it yet again.  My plan was to attend dinner and then the comedy show before heading home. A couple of hours ago, I realized that there was no way that I could make the two parts of the night that I planned to attend. I debated attending dinner only, then the comedy show only, and then I finally decided I just couldn't make it.  So, I sent a text message to the party organizer explaining the situation.  As the message was going through, I missed an incoming call from my sister.  I ignored it for the moment because I was really upset about missing yet another thing in my life because of Fibromyalgia/Endometriosis/Chronic Pain, etc. etc.

After my hubby helped me pull myself together, I was ready to face the world again and listened to my voicemail.  My sister told me that she was coming into Wisconsin  from Minneapolis for the evening, (coincidentally for another bachelorette party) but that she wouldn't have time to meet up with me, and that she didn't want me to feel like I had to head into town anway, since I live about 35 minutes away from where she will be.  Little did she know...I was going to be inches from her!!! It would have been nice to see her for a couple minutes. After becoming upset and pulling myself back together and calling her back, she told me that her husband (a comedian) came with her and would potentially be doing a very short guest spot at the comedy club tonight...yup...the same one I was planning to attend. Seriously?????  Ugh!!!!!  She did text me a few minutes after we spoke to let me know that he wouldn't be doing the spot, but wow...the universe kicked me while I was down!

So, in the end, I'm sitting on the couch, watching TV and trying to figure out what the hubby and I can do tonight to make my day not totally suck.  My options are of course, pretty limited since I don't feel well, but my husband is a fantastic cook and we like watching movies, so my guess is that this will be our night. And you know what?  Now that I've worked through the emotions, I'm ok with it.  Here's hoping I can make the actual wedding.

Party on!
-S 

No comments:

Post a Comment