Thursday, August 25, 2011

A normal day

Greetings once again,

I am slowly learning to stop fretting about health stuff.  I was able to get through my entire day yesterday without my health affecting me at all.  First, I took a tour of a historical landmark in my town. Although I had to sit a few times throughout the tour, I felt great!  Next, I had a massage, which really helped me with the neck pain that I've been dealing with lately.  Unfortunately, there were two things that cannot be blamed on my health, but rather a result of rushing around to get places:  I grabbed the checkbook that doesn't have money in the account to pay for the massage, and I left my necklace behind.  Luckily, these were the worst things that happened to me that day.  Having "normal" problems is kind of cool.

Later that day, I went to the girl's night dinner in which I had to call ahead and ask about the menu.  The host/hostess were incredibly kind in making sure there were things for me to eat. However, I couldn't pass up the chocolate soy ice cream with toppings of oreo cookies and chocolate chips/sprinkles for dessert...and some dessert wine.  I shouldn't have soy, oreos, or chocolate, but at least it wasn't dairy-based so I didn't have to worry about my lactose intolerance. :) Surprisingly, my medication for my Intersitial Cystitis (Elmiron) must be kicking in because I didn't have any of the bladder pain I expected from leaving my diet. Aside from that, I got to know some fantastic  women a little better, and was able to share a bit more about myself.  It was an all-around good time.  To top it off, these women have only known me in a pretty heavily medicated state, and all commented that they can see just by looking at me that I'm feeling much better.  I think best of all is that fact that they are a genuine group of women, free of petty drama that will help me to continue on my path to live in the positive, which should help to maintain my heatlh and overall outlook on life.

Also, I've found a couple of part time jobs that I'd like to apply for.  I'm giving myself the weekend to decide if now is really the time to pull the trigger.  My goal is to find something that will let me use a part of my degree that I haven't been able to use in my previous career, such as marketing. Also, the hours need to be flexible so that I can work around appointments and the inevitable days when I'm going to be stuck in bed. It will be nice to turn on that part of my brain again.

For today, my poor husband is home sick, so I'm doing my best to take care of him for a change.  I owe him. :)

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment