Monday, April 11, 2011

Lost ideas.....

It's been way too long. I hope you are all still with me. :) I've had many ideas that I wanted to blog about over the last few weeks, but I haven't made time to sit down and put any of them into a post. Now that I'm here, I'm going to give a brief update of my last month or so, and then resolve to pop on more often with shorter posts so that I can get my thoughts out. Well...I had an eventful March. I had another nerve block that did not go well at all. Everything was status quo, with the exception that I was given a drug (to help knock me out) prior to being taken back for the procdure. If you want to read about the procedure, you can follow this link. Anyway, as the main needle went in with the long acting steroid, I felt a sharp, sharp pain radiate all the way from my back to my ankle and I remember yelling out on the table. The doctor asked me what hurt, I described the pain, and he said "Very good." Whatever THAT means! After that, I don't remember much, so I'm skipping ahead...We hit up a drive through on the way home and by noon, I was resting on the couch at home. Not much later, I started feeling, very, very nauseated, and by 2pm, I lost my lunch. For the next couple of hours, my stomach made sure it emptied itself completely. By 4:30, I thought I would be ok, so I ate a bowl of wheat noodles. By 5:30...I regretted it. The night was very long, mostly because I couldn't hold down water, or any painkillers. My hubby took me to urgent care at noon the next day and we had to wait until almost 4pm to actually start treatment. It had been 36 hours (counting the time I couldn't eat or drink before the surgery) since I had held any water down. Two bags of saline, two IV doses of anti-nausea meds, an IV dose of benadryl, and a prescription for liquid percoset later, I was sure that I was going to live. The diagnosis was an allergic reaction, though long story short...we're still not totally sure what drug caused the reaction. Then, just to kick me when I'm down...the nerve block didn't work at all. Since then, I've been unbelievably tired, as well as fighting both my pelvic pain and my Fibromyalgia pain. Since the source of some of my pain is not diagnosed, beyond a general statement that there are multiple sources, I'm heading to a new Ob/Gyn next week. Wish me luck! -S

No comments:

Post a Comment