Monday, July 12, 2010

Today is a better day...so far

Well, last night sucked. It was another evening and night where nothing calmed down my pain. I had to wait it out until sleep finally overtook me sometime after 11pm. The worst part is that I couldn't specifically point to the pain. It felt like the pain overtook the entire left side of my torso (minus the part that is still totally numb). On the 1-10 scale, I was at a high 8.

I woke up feeling much better and the pain has been much easier to manage today. Experimenting on my own, I slathered Ben Gay across my stomach this morning and it seemed to help a bit. I'm really happy because I've only taken two percosets so far today (and feel ok) as compared to yesterday when I had taken five by this time (that really weren't helping at all).

Otherwise, the day has been really low key for me. I dragged myself through some yoga and a very short 1/2 mile walk around the neighborhood. After that, I went to the garden and brought in some squash and lettuce for dinner. And now....here I am, patiently waiting for tomorrow to see if I feel any better.

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment