Friday, July 23, 2010

Adventure before the adventure

Hey there,

We expected to be on our way to Ontario, WI for our yearly camping and canoeing experience, but we're very behind schedule. Last night was a doozy. Nope, not my health...the weather.

The storms started in the evening and just didn't stop coming. It's 11am now and there are still raindrops. Anyway, I was a little panicked sometime after 10pm last night, so I was up and pacing around the house. Suddenly, I heard the LOUDEST thunderclap that I've heard in my entire life. Since I was in the windowless hallway, I couldn't see the corresponding lighting, but my hubby said it was close.

Anyway, it was a couple of hours before we realized that the water did not work. Once we did, there was a string of profanities and a potential list of issues running through our heads,. My hubby went downstairs and came to the conclusion (after a dangerous move that resulted in shocking himself) that our well pump was fried. This morning, the plumber confirmed it. The kicker? Since our well is about 200 feet deep, they need to come in with a big truck to do the repair. The even bigger kicker? They can't come out until the ground is dry, which means we have to wait until at LEAST Monday to have the repair done. No water until Monday!!!! Thank God for our wonderful neighbors who let us shower at their place this morning and told us to come over any time to use their bathroom! In the meantime, we're heading for our canoe trip and will hopefully come home to dry ground on Sunday.

As for how I feel today...well, I feel stressed, which is not helping my back spasms, but this is my favorite trip of the year so I'm going to tough it out...mostly because the campground has flushable toilets and we don't. :)

Party on!
-S

No comments:

Post a Comment