Thursday, April 15, 2010

Yes, it's definitely muscular

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it ~ Psalms 118:24

Tuesday, April 13th is going to be a memorable day in my personal history. I went to a new physical therapist who was able to prove to me without a doubt that the cause of my pain is a severe muscle spasm of my pelvic floor muscles. It's all pretty graphic, so I'm going to leave it at that since this IS the internet. But--between the daily at-home exercises and twice per week sessions I should be feeling so much better within a few weeks!

I can't even describe the emotions behind finding the cause of this pain that has not just controlled, but CONSUMED my life for the last 8 months and at other intervals throughout the last 1o years. I called my husband before I even got to my car to leave the appointment. I was crying happy tears because I finally know what is causing my pain. I was crying sad and angry tears because the answer was so simple and no one figured it out. I was crying tears of relief because one doctor told me point-blank that I was imagining the pain. There were so many moments that I quietly thought I might just be crazy and now I know without a doubt that this is real.

All in all, this time off will be great for me. So far, I've been consumed with appointments, exercises, school. cleaning, cooking, etc. But I'm really different now, at least for the moment. I'm not tackling everything at once, but really allowing myself to take time to de-stress. My sister summed it up nicely when she told me to find a routine but not put myself on a schedule. So, that has become my new mantra.

In the meantime, I'm making time to enjoy life to the fullest degree possible in my current condition (which includes other health issues). But, I can spend a couple of hours at the zoo with my sister and nephews (did it yesterday), enjoy dinner with friends or family, take a walk, watch a movie, go bowling, be crafty, play cards, etc. etc...I am lucky to have friends and family that are so understanding of the fact that my life has to be at a different pace and they roll with it. Luv u guys! So, for anyone else out there that is up for low-key and boring things, let me know and I'm there!

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment