Monday, April 19, 2010

My new full time job

I half-joked in a previous post about becoming a professional patient, but it looks like that is what I am now after today's PT appointment. My instructions are to take a bath every morning, complete my hour of physcial therapy exercises, and then take a 45 minute walk. Seeing as it takes me FOREVER to get out of bed and get ready in the morning, it is going to be the afternoon by the time I complete all of this each day...not to mention the 2x per week appointments. I really don't mind...my only complaints about this new job are the pay and the repetitiveness. :)

Otherwise, I was pretty bummed because I was planning to dive headfirst back into my previous workout regimen. Today I was told I can't because it can cause the muscle to spasm again and undo all of my therapy. I was a crazy ball of energy growing up---always outside running around, riding my bike, roller skating, hula-hooping, playing tag, playing soccer or basketball or badminton or volleyball...anything athletic. Not that I was necessarily good at any or all of these things, but I've always led an active lifestyle and that changed about 6 years ago when all of my health problems showed up. I was told that I can get there eventually, but that I have to start slowly with low-weight upper body exercises and brisk walking. How boring is that? I'm not good at small steps, but I have to learn to take them this time. Blah. It is what it is. I'll get there!

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment