Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A flashback to simpler times

Good evening,



I spent some time over the last few days thinking about 2005 and earlier, which was the time before my health crashed on me. Daily life was so EASY for me back then. While there were the ups and downs of life, I had the energy to handle them. Here are a couple of the pictures that came to mind of the fun and carefree times.


Dancin' at my sister's wedding


(July, 2002--about 3 months before our own wedding)



My sisters and I goofing around (totally sober!) at our parents' lakehouse

Summer of either 2004 or 2005

I think I'll always come with a warning label from now on (actually, I literally will because the Hematology folks told me to get a Med ID bracelet!), but I'm heading back towards these times. Not sure that I'll ever look like my former athletic self again, but I'm certainly bringing back the smile and controlled-crazy fun for round two!

Who's with me?

-S


No comments:

Post a Comment