Sunday, February 21, 2010

So what the heck is wrong with you, anyway?

I've heard those words many times. In short, here's the list:

Migraines
Endometriosis
Kidney Stones
Barrett's Esophagus
Chronic pelvic pain syndrome (cause undiagnosed, but suspected to be endometriosis related)


The links are to sites that give a fairly straightforward explanation of if you wish for more information. They are also sites that do not automatically throw graphic pictures in your face on the explanation page as some other sites do.

These are the surgeries/procedures that I've had since August of 2006 to either diagnose or treat these conditions:


2 Laparoscopy procedures for endometriosis
1 Oomphectomy (removal of left ovary and tube)
3 Lithotripsy procedures for that stubborn kidney stone
1 cystoscopy that actually undiagnosed a previous diagnosis
1 sphenopalatine nerve block that ended lingering pain from chronic migraines
3 hyperplaxis nerve blocks to attempt (unsuccessfully) to give me relief from the chronic pain.

1 endoscopy that diagnosed my Barrett's


I actually had no idea what the total count was until I typed this....wow...12 procedures in just 3 1/2 years. Anyway,the endometriosis and chronic pain are what have been keeping me from my life since last August.

So, that's what's wrong with me in a nutshell. Here's hoping we put the missing pieces together quickly and painlessly, and that I am not one of the many that never finds the cause of her pain.

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment