Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Adventures at the pharmacy

Perhaps my greatest business-to-customer relationship at this moment is with my pharmacy. They know me by caller ID when I call and almost always know what I'm calling to refill. One fantastic Pharmacist even went out of his way to get me a different brand of generic pills when I told him that the one I was getting wasn't working as well as the brand name. He knows what prescriptions I am on and always checks out how they interact before I get there. They've seen me several times, propped up on a chair while my hubby fills the prescription and I look just barely alive, always wishing me luck in feeling better. That Pharmacy is my Cheers. Sad, I know. I'd give anything for that yearly medical deductible to go to Macy's instead.

Anyway, I called the pharmacy today to refill a prescription. I'm having a really hard time remembering my afternoon doses because I get all wrapped up in work that I don't think about anything else until the end of the day. And honestly, sometimes I just get confused with all of these pills and can't remember if I took them or not, so I don't take them to make sure I don't double dose. I bought a cheap watch with an alarm to remind me, but the watch hurts my wrist and is kind of ugly, so I don't bother with it anymore. So, I decided to ask the pharmacy if they had one of those morning/noon/evening/night pill sorters, and they had one left, so they held it for me until I could get there to pick it up. When I did get there, the tech told me that she is glad she pulled it for me because someone else had come in about an hour earlier looking for the same thing. The only thought in my mind, which I didn't verbalize, was, "How much older than me was she?" My guess was at least 40 years older. Ugh. I feel like the Seinfield episode with the Marble Rye right now. Oh well, at least I'm smart enough to call ahead to beat out my 70 year-old competition cause Lord knows, those spunky elders can probably beat the crap out of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment