Friday, October 14, 2011

Happy Anniversary to me!

Hello, 

I've just returned this afternoon from my 9th Wedding Anniversary mini vacay with my hubby.  Despite the fact that we both have colds...his turned into an infection requiring anti-b's...and my pain is still flaring, we had an amazing, relaxing time in a cabin at a bed and breakfast.  Since we didn't feel well, we didn't do the normal activities like shop in the tourist town, go to a bar, or take a boat ride, but we did manage to make it to dinner one night.  We also took a 50 mile drive through farmland to take in the fall colors and I saw the first Bald Eagle that I've ever seen in the wild.  

What really got me during the trip was that even though I was sick and in pain, I felt so much better than I did two years ago when we stayed in the same place for our Anniversary.  It was during the time I was on a 2 month medical leave, about a week after I had a laparoscopy for my endometriosis (which didn't help) and at a time where I was taking 10-12 percoset each DAY.  I barely got out of the bed during the 20 hours that we were there and not surprisingly, I don't remember much of the trip at all.  I say this all the time, especially here--but I always think that I haven't made the progress that I should have, until something makes me think back. Then I realize how much hope I've been given since those hopeless months. 

As for the next week, I begin Monday with my cholesterol test, followed by an appointment with my primary care physician to figure out what do to with my Fibro this winter, my pain medications for the pelvic/IC pain, and the GI stuff that's still causing me problems.  I'm trying to centralize my treatment into as few doctors as possible, so I hope that goes well.  On the downside, I heard a rumor that my awesome new primary care doc is leaving the practice, so that is going to put a gigantic wrench in my healthcare.  Also, I have PT on Wednesday and a bladder instillation on Thursday, which is really going to hurt since I haven't had one in two months. I'm sure I'll have more updates on that this week. 

For now, I sleep.
-S

No comments:

Post a Comment