Friday, October 7, 2011

A Friday 2fer

Me again,

Something I forgot to share that I remembered as I was hooking up my INF (similar to a Tens) unit.  I'm becoming immune to it.  Didn't know that was possible.  After PT, I generally stay to be hooked up to the clinic unit before I leave.  Normally, I hang out on the unit at the level of 10 to start, and about 18 when I leave.  That's higher than most with my issues, meaning a stronger pulse.  This time, my PT was turning up the level and I couldn't even feel it around 7.  She was afraid of hurting me, so I took over the knob and turned it past 20.  By the time I was done, I was in the 30s. My home unit is now doing very little for me since the top charge doesn't do what it used to. The good news about this is that it confirms my pain is real...not that I need confirmation myself, but I've learned  it helps to have such notes in a medical file. The also sort-of good news is that it means that I'm acclimated to the pain.  Meaning:  I may not really be having less pain, but I'm getting used to what I have.  Either way, I'm ok with it because overall, I feel better. The question is still...what next, which is where this ties into my previous post.

Not sure how well I've just explained all of that, but that's what it is.
-S

No comments:

Post a Comment