Thursday, June 2, 2011

A tribute to my husband

Hi,

I'm here.  People that are close to me in my life know that when they don't hear from me in awhile, it means that I'm not feeling well.  That's exactly why I haven't blogged in a bit.  Anyway, I don't have the time to do a full update right now, but I want to take a minute to share something that's been rolling around in my head for awhile now...

Not long ago, my Mother-in-law (Hi, Pat!), forwarded an email in which the moral of the story was, "God answers our prayers in his time, not ours".  I sat and pondered what that meant in my life for a bit and then something hit me like a lightning bolt...One of my prayers was answered before I even knew that I needed to pray for it.  Specifically, God brought my husband into my life when I was just 18 years old and on my own for the first time.   We started dating when I was 19 and was truly on my own, with no place to live, no job, and very little money in savings--I seriously wasn't much of a catch at this point. Yet, we fell in love and married 5 years later when I was 24.  My first sign of serious trouble with my health came less than a year later when I was 25.  If I had not had my husband in my life (along with his family) to support, comfort and help me navigate through this mess, who knows what would have happened to me?

Just something to think about.
Love ya, babe!
-S

No comments:

Post a Comment