Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Finally, some honesty!!

It's been awhile again.  First off, I just got back from an appointment with my new pain management doctor and it went well overall.  She was very honest in saying that there is nothing she can do for me, except to refill meds as needed.  That made me happy because the other place kept putting me through the nerve blocks.  Strangely, they do a full check-in, so I left with a hospital bracelet and allergy tag.

Secondly, the reason I'm ok with the pain clinic doc's information is that I've started physical therapy again and this PT is far more experienced and specialized in treating pelvic pain than the last place I attended. She was also able to nail down the fact that I am dealing with an inflamed bladder from Interstitial Cystitis (more on that another day). Also, these providers all work in the same health system and seem to work very well together.

Next week is my lynchpin appointment with the Uro/gyn, who will hopefully be able pinpoint the cause of this chronic pain, or at least give me some next steps. I need this one to go well or I might fall to pieces...again.

Also, the PT loaned me a TENS unit while she gets my insurance to cover my own. It has been somewhat helpful, and is most definitely preferred over percoset.

Lastly, I've been sleeping ok thanks to amitriptyline, though it forces me into about 10 hours of sleep and leaves me groggy in the mornings.   The bonus is that I haven't been waking up in as much pain.  Between that and the PT, I might be on the right track again.  But, I am not feeling so great today and had to give up my baseball ticket for tonight...yet again.

'Til next time,
-S


No comments:

Post a Comment