Sunday, May 8, 2011

From somewhere in Iowa

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers out there! In a surprising turn of events, my hubby and I are on the road on the way to Manila, IA where my Stepdad, who many of you simply know as "my Dad" since he raised me from the age of about 13, grew up.  We are going to make it to my Grandmother's funeral after all. I also get to see my Mom on Mother's day, which was not expected since she lives in AZ during the colder months.

Yesterday started badly with my pain. I was desperate to feel better so I took a pain med that I hadn't taken in awhile and it absolutely floored me-so much that I actually slept in a chair for a couple hours while 4 of my in-laws were dancing away to the game "Just Dance 2" luckily, I woke up feeling pretty good and was able to show off some of my sweet dance moves...and also the not-so-sweet ones. :)  the exercise must have been just what I needed because here we are, on the road just over 1/2 way to our destination.

Another note-preparations for me to be in the car for a long time are rediculous.  Pillows, blankets, snacks for the meds, ginger ale, comfy clothes in layers, a train case full of meds, my medical id bracelet, my med id card for my bleeding disorder, and the garmin in case we need to find an emergency room. Fortunately, warm weather does me good and it will be 85 degrees tomorrow.

Ok, back to the road trip now. I'm sure the hubby would like some attention on this 7 hour drive.

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment