Thursday, November 11, 2010

It has a name...well, 2 names.

Hi,

As I often do, I left out a key detail in my last post. I was officially diagnosed with fibromyalgia-slash-myofacial pain syndrome. I'm kind of annoyed that the terms are being used interchangeably, because I feel like it would be nice to just have one diagnosis. Mostly though, it's because I would like to add only one, not two more things to my giant list of things that are wrong with me. Anyway, my primary care physician sent me the letter last week, stating she recommends one of two medications, but wants the pain clinic to treat it. But...she didn't immediately send a referral to the pain clinic. So, I got caught in the middle, making several calls and waiting a full week for action...which...was that I have to wait for an open appointment at the pain clinic. So now I have to wait until the 22nd to be seen and it's killing me because I haven't been able to sleep from the pain, which has set off a chain reaction of headaches, a horrific nosebleed, a general zombie-like state, neck and shoulder pain from being scrunched up with headaches, stress, and absolute crankiness.

Back to the Y now...

Day two was yesterday. It should have been the day before, but a migraine took that option out of the equation. Not surprisingly, I forgot my shower shoes AGAIN! yuck. Anyway, my new fibro friend pulled into the lot at the exact moment I did, which was exciting because we both knew that the time would fly by faster if we were chatting as we were water walking. We got to the pool and stepped into the current channel and quickly realized that we were going to have to walk with the current that day because the thing was cranked almost to the max. As we started walking, a woman with a "Zumba" shirt walked to the edge of the pool and asked if we would consider joining her Aqua Zumba class that was about to start because she only had 2 people and she needed 3 to do the class. So...we begrudgingly decided to check it out. Who knew that it would be so much fun! I was so fearful because I am sooooooo uncoordinated, but the great thing is that no one can see what you are doing underwater. :) I'll be back again on Friday for the earlier class.

Well, time to sign off for today. I've managed to destroy my hair in just two days in the pool, so I'm off for a haircut and a search for some kind of miracle shampoo.

Please send me your prayers and positive energy so that I may remember to bring shower shoes tomorrow.
-S

No comments:

Post a Comment