Thursday, October 28, 2010

Raw, raw feelings

Hi,

Rather than retyping my raw emotions, I'm just going to copy and paste my Facebook status to this blog along with a link.

Just watched the Channel 27 investigational story on chronic pain. A year ago, I was literally trapped in bed without painkillers or any hope of returning to a normal life because of a doctor in the Mercy Health System telling me that my chronic pain is IMAGINARY, along with other doctors there telling me that there was nothing more they could do for me. Advanced Pain Management, the clinic interviewed in the story, together with doctors in the the UW-Health System, rescued me from my personal hell by doing their job, eventually leading to three diagnoses (4th one pending) to explain the pain and are treating me with a whole health plan so that I can someday lead something that resembles a normal life again. I feel so horrible knowing that so many others had to suffer through the same painful, devastating and humiliating experiences that I did before finding the standard care that we all deserve.
http://www.wkow.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=5241028&h1=Battling%2520Chronic%2520Pain&vt1=v&at1=News&d1=340333&LaunchPageAdTag=Homepage&activePane=info&rnd=55503652


If the video link doesn't work, here's a link to the main newspage. Search for "Debate over how to fight chronic pain" for the story and a video.

http://www.wkow.com/

If I shared all of the gory details about what this health system put me through, you'd be filled with rage, I promise. However, I'm saving those details for myself for the moment.

For now...I bid you all a good night.
-S

No comments:

Post a Comment